1. A signed landlords Authority will be required a signed giving Mayfair & Sales Lettings permission to act on your behalf as your agent and then we can commence marketing.

2. Lender consent to Let – You will require written permission from your mortgage company, head lessors if a leasehold property and your insurance company. Failure to do this may result in the tenancy being deemed unlawful.

3. Gas Safety Regulations. Under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 to arrange maintenance by a Gas Safe Registered engineer for all pipe work, appliances and flues, which you own and have provided for your tenants use. You must also arrange for an annual gas safety check to be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe Registered engineer.

4. Building Insurance – Please ensure you have adequate level of building and contents insurance, not all insurance policies cover let properties.

5. Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). From the 1st October 2008 all rental properties in the England & Wales require an Energy Performance Certificate to be conducted prior to a new tenancy agreement commencing.

6. Fire Safety Regulations – You must ensure all furniture and soft furnishings comply with the Fire and Safety Regulations 1988 which were amended 1993. Furniture or furnishings that do not comply with the regulation must be removed from the property.

7. Electrical Safety Regulations – You must ensure that the electrical equipment is safe and will not cause danger and that it satisfies the safety requirements of the 1994 Regulations.

8. Inventory – It is very important to have an inventory which gives an accurate record of the properties contents and condition. This may come in useful if you have a dispute at the end of any tenancy.

9. Keys – We will require an initial set of keys for viewings and then additional sets will be required prior to the start of the tenancy.

10. Utilities – You will need to notify the necessary utility companies of your moving date and address for final bills.

11. Post – we strongly suggest you redirect your mail to an alternative address through Royal Mail.

12. Non Resident Landlords Approval (NRL). All Landlords who reside abroad for 6 months or more will need to complete a (NRL) form in order to apply for approval from the Inland Revenue for us to pay you the rent without making any tax deductions. We can provide the relevant documents to you, should this apply to you.

13. Rent Payments – We will require your bank details to arrange rent payments to you by BACS transfer. If we are collecting the rent on your behalf you will also receive a monthly statement via email.

14. Deposits – Any deposit taken from a tenant after April 2007 must be protected. If we are holding the deposit it will be held under the government approved scheme “tenant deposit scheme” also referred to as TDS. If you are holding the deposit you must either forward the deposit to the custodial scheme or use one of the schemes we use.